2.27.2009

We have a problem, a big, orange problem.

I have been asked to play in a faculty / staff basketball game.
*insert music: dum, dadumdum duuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuum

I, the shortest teacher on my hall...
I, the once-athletic girl who WISHED with all her might that she could successfully dribble a basketball down-court without pinging it off of her foot...
I, the girl who consistently fouled out of CHURCH basketball in the second quarter because she couldn't remember not to shoulder charge her opponent (in her defense, she was playing indoor soccer at the same time)...
I, the clutz who preferred to run sprints barefooted in soccer on the rainy days when we would practice in the junior high gym (not sure why we did that anyway) because I would trip over my tennis shoes...
I, the moron who did indeed score a basket (woop, two points!) ONCE for my FBCC basketball team, only to realize it was for the other team (this is for real, I would never bring this type of false embarrassment to myself)...
I, the cool teacher who will never again be considered cool after air-balling my jump shot...

have been asked to put all of these things on display in front of over 300 ninth graders.

Kids are mean.

I am doomed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What say you?