9.06.2009

7.5...starting over

I ran 7.5 miles this morning...well, I ran most of it anyway. I am training to run a half-marathon, the St. Jude in December. Yet I rarely find the time to run. My days are long, starting before 5:45. I'm on my feet all day; I'm the teacher who never sits down. My after-school activities with cheerleading, meetings, and church keep me away from the house until 6:00 or later. I'm mentally and physically exhausted by the time I get home. Forget laundry or washing dishes, I have papers to grade, and a pageant to plan. Time runs away from me.

But those are just excuses. That's all.

Today I started over. 7.5 was a huge feat to begin this new dedication (especially after a two week hiatus), but I set a goal. And in order for me to achieve that goal, I must make time to train.

I owe it to myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What say you?