8.07.2010

5 movies I will always love no matter what.

"I'm a mouse...duh."

1. Disney's Robin Hood
As a kid I would watch this movie then immediately rewind it and watch it again. Sometimes I still do.


2. Dirty Dancing
My friend Layne and I would try to pause the movie at just the right moment to catch a glimpse of Patrick Swayze's booty.  When I watched this movie as an adult, I realized #1: I had no business watching this as a child and #2: I had no earthly idea what was really going on in the movie.


3. Mean Girls
boo....you whore


4. Love Actually
Nice and awkward when watching with parents or someone you don't know quite so well, but something about this film makes me so happy. 


5. X-Men
Really, the whole trilogy plus X-Men Origins:Wolverine.  I could (and have) watched them all in a row.

1 comment:

  1. I have more!
    Fantasy:
    The Mistborn Trilogy by Brandon Sanderson
    The Dark Is Rising series by Susan Cooper
    The first five books of The Great Book of Amber by Roger Zelazny

    Fiction:
    The Bourne Trilogy
    Ishmael by Daniel Quinn

    Non-Fiction:
    A Short History of Nearly Everything by Bill Bryson (up to the chapter on geology where it gets dry and he shows his disdain for Creationism while pretending to be all Joe Fridayish)
    Blink by Malcolm Gladwell
    Freakonomics by Steven D. Levitt and Stephen J. Dubner
    The Resurrection of the Son of God by N.T. Wright (pack a lunch)

    Science Fiction:
    Dune by Frank Herbert
    Ringworld by Larry Niven
    Rendezvous with Rama by Arthur C. Clarke

    ReplyDelete

What say you?